1. What can I expect to feel?
Your skin will become to reap the benefits of the needling from about day 14 post treatment.
However, for the next 48 hours it is normal for your skin to feel flushed, “sunburnt” and it may feel prickly. This will subside in time. We don’t want to cool your skin down as it will stop the process. It is also normal on day 3 for your skin to feel a little dry and flaky. This is an accumulation of dead cell material that begins to loosen up, we recommend if you are not coming back in for a follow up LED that you exfoliate on this day with Micro Peel from DMK.
2. What to avoid for 72 hours after your treatment?
We recommend staying away from high histamine foods like eggplant, Asian spices, cold meats and alcohol. These foods can sometimes have an adverse response to skin treatments and increase inflammation resulting in swelling and redness of the face.
Please avoid the sun for 72 hours post treatment. It is imperative for you to use sunblock if you do expose yourself to the sun.
We also recommend avoiding vigorous exercise, swimming and saunas for 24 hours.
Please refrain from using any active skincare that contains Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Salicylic Acid, Glycolic Acid and Lactic Acid.
3. Are there any side effects?
Apart from really amazing results, you may experience some of the following temporary side effects from our treatments:
- Tightness or dryness of the skin.
- Your skin may purge (outbreak of pimples) these would have been hiding under the skin and your treatment/products can release them.
- Redness and irritation of the skin. If this happens please use Beta Gel and contact the team at Chakra.
- Pigmentation of the skin can appear darker as it begins to move to the surface.
We understand as rare as these contraindications are, it is normal for you to feel uncomfortable if it occurs. They will subside as long as you follow instructions given to you by your therapist. With any treatment there is always a possibility of an adverse reaction, however this cannot be predicted prior to your treatment.
If you have any questions at all please don’t hesitate to contact us on (03) 9850 1188 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We are here to support you during this entire process.