FAQs Alkaline Treatment
1. What can I expect to feel?
Your skin can feel flushed and slightly irritated post treatment. It is also very normal for the skin to appear shiny and feel rubbery and slippery.
On day 3 for your skin may begin to feel a little dry and flaky. This is an accumulation of dead cell material that begins to loosen up, we recommend you exfoliate on this day with Micro Peel from DMK.
2. What to avoid for 72hours after your treatment?
We recommend staying away from high histamine foods like eggplant, Asian spices, cold meats and alcohol. These foods can sometimes have an adverse response to skin treatments, increasing inflammation and resulting in swelling and redness of the face.
Please avoid the sun for 72 hours post treatment. It is imperative for you to use sunblock if you do expose yourself to the sun.
We also recommend avoiding vigorous exercise, swimming and saunas for 24 hours.
3. Are there any side effects?
Apart from really amazing results, you may experience some of the following temporary side effects from our treatments:
- Tightness or dryness of the skin.
- Redness and slight sandpaper effect on the skin.
- Peeling proceeded by a crusty hardness to the skin’s surface.
- Your skin may purge (outbreak of pimples) these would have been hiding under the skin and your treatment/products can release them.
- An irritated open lesion that may weep and then scab before healing normally. If this occurs please contact us on (03) 9850 1188 so we can best assist you.
We understand as rare as these contraindications are, it is normal for you to feel uncomfortable if it occurs. They will subside as long as you follow instructions given to you by your therapist. With any treatment there is always a possibility of an adverse reaction, however this cannot be predicted prior to your treatment
If you have any questions at all please don’t hesitate to contact us on (03)98501188 or email@example.com
We are here to support you during this entire process.