SERVES 2 (makes 2 cups/500ml)
Rejuvenate your health and beauty while you sleep with digestive-soothing coconut, cardamom, ginger and SLEEP Inner Beauty Powder.
SLEEP is a delicious, bio-fermented turmeric and spice blend for beauty and wellbeing, with passionflower and lemon balm, traditionally used in western herbal medicine to promote a restful slumber, soothe anxiety and combat stress.
- 1/2 cinnamon stick, broken
- 5 cardamom pods, bruised
- 1 star anise
- 4 black peppercorns, cracked
- 1 whole clove
- 2cm slice peeled ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 2 cups (500ml) coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons SLEEP Inner Beauty Powder
- 1 teaspoon Manuka honey
- Grated or ground nutmeg, to serve
- Toast the cinnamon, cardamom pods, star anise, peppercorns and clove in a small frying pan over low heat for 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Pour in the water, add the ginger and nutmeg and bring to the boil. Decrease the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, or until reduced by half.
- Pour in the milk and simmer for 5 minutes. Stand for 10 minutes, or until lukewarm.
- Strain into two mugs. Add 1 teaspoon of SLEEP Inner Beauty Powder and 1/2 teaspoon of honey to each cup and stir to combine.
- Top with grated or ground nutmeg and enjoy.
TIP: This sleepy chai spiced milk base can be prepared up to 5 days in advance and stored in the refrigerator. For a relaxing nightcap, all you need to do is warm it up, add a teaspoon of TBC SLEEP Inner Beauty Powder and a little honey, if desired.
* Can also be enjoyed cold
Resource: The Beauty Chef | thebeautychef.com